Inspired by fresh garden produce, this is a delicious early summer salad. Serves 1
100g podded broad beans
40g dry home-made bread (slightly stale), cubed
40ml extra virgin olive oil
salt & pepper
2 tsp white wine vinegar
1 small clove garlic, crushed
1 spring onion, chopped
50g feta cheese or a similar cheese that is safe for you, diced or crumbled
sprig of mint, chopped
sprig of dill, chopped
handful of baby salad leaves
juice of 1/2 a lemon (optional, if you can tolerate it)
- cook beans in boiling salted water for 3-4 minutes. Drain, leave to cool, then peel off skins
- fry bread in about half the oil until crisp and brown. Season with salt and pepper and leave to cool
- mix rest of oil, vinegar and garlic & some black pepper. Whisk well.
- mix all ingredients together except leaves and lemon juice. Leave to stand for 30 minutes.
- Put salad leaves on plate, tip rest of ingredients over, squeeze lemon on top and serve immediately.