Listed are the ingredients I used for tonight’s dinner, utilising some Sunday roast dinner leftovers!
2 tbsp cooking oil
1 medium onion, finely diced
½ tsp each cumin seeds and crushed black peppercorns
¼ tsp dill seeds or fennel seeds
1 can butterbeans, drained and rinsed
4-6 tbsp safe cooked green veggies e.g. broccoli, cabbage, peas etc., chopped if necessary to be roughly same size as beans
2-3 tbsp leftover stuffing from roast dinner, OR similar quantity leftover garlic bread, diced finely, or small diced croutons
1 tbsp pesto OR a blend of crushed fresh basil leaves, a safe cheese you like and olive oil
12 pitted olives
1. Fry onion in oil. Add spices once onion starts to brown.
2. Cook spices with onions for 30 seconds, then add butter beans.
3. Stir well and cook butterbeans with spiced onion mixture for 2 minutes
4. Add veggies and stuffing/garlic bread/croutons. Keep stirring to heat everything through, adding a drizzle more oil if it all gets soaked up.
5. Once hot, take off heat, add pesto or alternative and olives. Serve quickly whilst still hot.