These are low calorie and would work for anyone attempting to lose weight. They could also be adapted for someone following the Fodmap diet.
makes around 6 burgers
180g mixed cooked safe green vegetables
140g grated carrot
30g dry weight / 80g cooked weight safe grains e.g. brown rice or any other you regularly eat, precooked
2 medium eggs
2-3 tbsp plain flour
1/2 tsp each dried rosemary, dried tarragon and nigella seeds, OR spices and herbs as per personal safety and preference
Pinch salt and pepper
1. Drain excess water from cooked vegetables.
2. Add all ingredients to bowl and mix well to combine.
3. Make loose patties of mix and place on a non-stick baking sheet. Important – do not squeeze out or else the egg used for binding will be lost and the patties will fall apart.
4. Bake at about 160 degrees for around half an hour, flipping once.
5. Serve on burger buns with onion and cos lettuce and some sort of sauce or relish as desired/as is safe for you.