A tasty, healthier alternative to the standard deep fried chips and far less likely to have added nasties than the frozen variety. Can be made spicy or plain.
2 medium potatoes
a pinch of salt
1 tablespoon sunflower oil
(optional, if doing spiced wedges): a pinch each of
mixed herbs (make sure its a sage-free blend)
chilli powder or flakes (watch it’s *just* chilli and isn’t mixed with anything else)
1) wash potatoes well, cut a slit on one side and microwave on high for about 3 to 4 minutes per potato, or more if the potatoes are very large.
2) cut hot, half-cooked potato into quarters. If any pieces are larger than about 2 inches/5 cm along any edge, cut them in half again.
3) carefully brush with oil over the white, fleshy sides, and sprinkle with a little salt. You can use the back of a teaspoon if you don’t have a food brush.
4) (optional) mix herbs, spices and pepper and sprinke a pinch over each wedge
5) bake in the oven at 200C to 220C for 15 to 20 minutes or until well browned.