This can be a little time-consuming if you’re making your own bases, but well worth it, especially if you’re feeding teenagers! Recipe is per person, scale up as necessary.
Ingredients per person
- 1 pizza crust, either shop bought if you can find a suitable one, or else made using a basic white bread dough and pre-cooked (see https://benzoateintolerancesupport.wordpress.com/2014/12/04/bread/). Panini or Cibatta rolls also work very well and are usually benzoate-free.
- 2 to 4 tablespoons mock-tomato base, depending on the size of pizza you have made – see https://benzoateintolerancesupport.wordpress.com/2014/12/08/mock-tomato-base/
- 2 to 4 tablespoons cheddar or mozzarella cheese to taste
- Pizza toppings, e.g. onion, sweet pepper, sweetcorn, tuna, ham, chicken, beef, safe pepperoni or salami slices
1) Spread mock-tomato onto bread base
2) Add pizza toppings as desired and top with cheese
3) Bake at 180 °C , either for about 15 minutes or following instructions on pre-bought base, or until cheese is melted and slightly golden